It’s been a minute since I did a beauty-related post for fashion and lifestyle have been my niche since starting this blog. I thought I’d kick off March with a beauty-inspired post showcasing my favourite beauty products. Growing up, makeup was not my forte and I envied those who were able to beat a face and look good af. Well after months of practicing how to contour, highlight and understanding where my “crease” is, this girl is glowing up! Have a look below at some of my favourite makeup products for the month of March.
1.Stila Matte ‘n Metal Eyeshadow Palette: this is hands down my favourite eye shadow palette. And remind you that I only have three eyeshadow palettes. Each shade is suitable for any skin color and you don’t even need to use that much for it is high in pigment. Whether it’s a casual day or a night out, this palette is worth the $64 price tag.
2. Elizabeth Arden Skin Illuminating Night Capsules: this product I was hesitant to try due to its high price ($105), but my skin was desperate for a glow. Thanks to some natural collagen and some vitamin C, you can wake up with brighter looking skin. It’s definitely worth the hefty price tag ($105) and can last up to 2 months.
3. L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Powder (700 Classic Tan): I normally wear this powder overtop of my L’Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation. It reduces shine and leaves no signs of oil, halleujah! In terms of the matte powder, I used 700 in the Classic Tan.
4. NYC Big Bold Pumping Gloss: this lip gloss doesn’t last very long but it does pump up your lips thanks to it’s mega applicator.
5. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector PressedHighlighter (Opal): okay, if you want to be glowed up for the gods, please purchase this highlighter. It is hella pigmented to the point where you’ll feel like a human disco ball.
6. Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer: to keep your eyeshadow in tact, apply a small portion of this primer to your eyelids. Be sure to spread it out with a beauty blender to avoid creases.
7. Smashbox Lipstick (Primrose): the best part about this lipstick is that it keeps your lips hydrated without drying out. To add extra shine, I apply a layer of the NYC Pumping Gloss for it has a similar pink shade.
See photos below for swatches and what it looks like on my skin.