Why we march:
- We do not wish to remain silent.
- For the rights and freedoms for not only women, but for people of color, members of the LGBT community, and the disabled.
- It’s our way of saying “Fuck Donald Trump” for his comments about women, immigrants and the LGBT community.
- To let men know that we are not to be defeated and they will never have control of us as well as our bodies.
- Because women’s rights are human rights.
- Because Black Lives Matter!
Shall I keep going?
- Because LOVE is and will always be the answer!
- For the women in our family, they are the life-givers.
- For the women who are not able to speak out, we march for every single one of you.
- For I am a black women, and I refuse to be oppressed against and to be disrespected by members of the opposite sex in terms of my skin color, body, hair, and ambitions.
- For the newcomers coming to Canada to create a better life for themselves as well as their families.
- To let our allies know that we will never back down from what is right!
- To demand equal rights among minorities regardless of their gender, race, and sexual orientation
- For the future of our children and to create a better world for them.
- Because this is NOT okay!
My name is Camille MacLean, and I approve this blog post.